Could it be almost two years since I made that makeshift Merida costume? It was for a challenge photoshoot “Disney stories”; the dress was actually pinned together on Alexandra’s back and never finished afterwards because its pattern was totally unfitting. I’ve posted this picture in the 2015 gallery only. This dress and arrow do not… Continue reading Merida the Brave: another dress in progress
I’ve ordered several new wigs from Monique Gold Collection. Eric’s Iplehouse wig was too stiff and voluminous (it looked “ancient-egyptian”) and my cutting experiments with it weren’t exactly succesfull. I’d make a horrible hairstylist. He’s got a Monique Paris 7-8″ in off-black. The hair is very soft and smooth and looks much more realistic. There… Continue reading A bunch of new Monique wigs
I needed a lab coat for a thematic doll photoshoot (I’ll post it later, don’t worry), and there is a good MSD pattern available for free, so I made one and it turned out great! I’d never guess that I can make a coat with lapels. This lab coat is made of off-white cotton poplin… Continue reading Lab coat
We’ve attended this year’s Czech BJD community Christmas Fairy event! You can apply yourself (to make gifts) and your BJDs (to receive gifts) and have fun making presents for another collector’s dolls. I am sorry to say I didn’t make any pictures of the gifts I was sending away but at least you can see… Continue reading Dolly Christmas presents
To add to the upcoming Halloween spirit, I have a headless doll body on a stand here. Alexandra’s head will be going off for a new face-up on Monday. It will be done by Noodles. Her old one is a custom face-up by Iplehouse – a compromise of Leona A and Kassia A. I love… Continue reading Behold the head of a doll!
Erik has got a new long-sleeved T-shirt from a knit fabric I’ve had in my box for two years. Handsome boy, isn’t he? According to my husband, men’s stripped tops are told to signify a lack of sexual experience. So far I do not believe it. 🙂 For Alexandra, I tried to alter her cap… Continue reading Some more tees
I’m in the middle of some calibrations… (ahem) preparations for my doll clothes sewing workshop. I started making this skirt a half year ago and put it on the shelf. Circle skirts require some effort and are a bit tricky so I said myself that showing one at my workshop might become useful. This full… Continue reading Circle skirt – 20 panels!
… of the fabric I bought for this skirt. Pictures were taken at the communal backyard behind our house but it was too sunny to take good photos. My husband has left for a book fair so I had no assistant. I usually take advantage of him to hold a reflection card or umbrella when… Continue reading “Fuchsia pink,” says the label
I made another skirt using a different technique. The yellow skirt’s ruffles had been sewn regular way “right sides together”. This one has top-stitched ruffles sewn “wrong side to right side”. I am already in the spring mood, so I picked a stripped T-shirt for Alexandra. Her outfit is just calling for a straw hat,… Continue reading Another ruffled hippie skirt