Merida the Brave

Merida the Brave: another dress in progress

Could it be almost two years since I made that makeshift Merida costume? It was for a challenge photoshoot “Disney stories”; the dress was actually pinned together on Alexandra’s back and never finished afterwards because its pattern was totally unfitting. I’ve posted this picture in the 2015 gallery only. This dress and arrow do not… Continue reading Merida the Brave: another dress in progress

Merida the Brave

Merida the Brave: dress construction

The deadline for this photo challenge has been extended – lucky me! I was very busy in the past weeks. I’d like to share with you my construction process of Merida’s dress for Alexandra. Drawing the pattern. I used a suede-like non-stretchy dark blue fabric for the dress and a calico for the “underdress”. My… Continue reading Merida the Brave: dress construction