Merida the Brave

Merida the Brave: another dress in progress

Could it be almost two years since I made that makeshift Merida costume? It was for a challenge photoshoot “Disney stories”; the dress was actually pinned together on Alexandra’s back and never finished afterwards because its pattern was totally unfitting.

I’ve posted this picture in the 2015 gallery only. This dress and arrow do not exist anymore.

04/2015 Disney stories

Last week, I had some leftovers from my friend’s medieval shirt I was making – a nice thin unbleached linen. When thinking of what to do with these cuttings, this old project just popped-up in my mind. I found some blue poplin in my fabric stash and made a paper-towels-and-ducktape pattern on Sashenka’s body.

The dress is made of a cold shoulder top with princess bust darts and added skirt. It’s closed on the back with press studs. The “chemise” is just a faux neckline and shoulders stitched under the dress. Both “chemise” and dress are finished with facing.

BJD doll Merida dress

The wig is Monique 7-8″ Ellowyne Rose in Double Red. I love it! So soft and fluffy and ginger and awesome!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s